Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Stay Youthful.


First off I lied I am pretty psyched about Real World but I am the same age of the oldest on the show..bummer and one's from Arlington, Virginia-he'll probably not represent the VA so hot but would you it's New Orleans! I really want to go there so if you're reading this engaged couple I'd vote on joint bachelor/bachelorette parties there for sure. (let me get a job first!)

Okay so I decided to write about staying youthful since the last blog was about my new found adulthood and acting like it's a crisis I sounded like Miley Cyrus when she makes excuses for being inappropriate "I'm an adult now" no you're 17. So I've decided to write about preserving your youth. I think that most fashions now are geared to this. Think about it: these crazy colors, big headbands with frills, bows and flowers, fun prints and florals, tutu dresses or skirts etc. These fashions are just screaming little princess. I think we're meant to preserve our youth. It reminds me of the cliche "you're only as young as you feel." I think that how we dress reflects on how we're feeling. Like my last blog I've decided to come up with a list of how to feel youthful here's what I've came up with:

1. Listen to any cd's (or tapes, records etc.) that remind you of your youth and blast them in your car or at home and just sing! If you were born in 1987 me I'd suggest the following:
- Robin S. "Show Me Love"
- Ace of Base "The Sign" "All That She Wants" "Don't Turn Around"
- Cranberries "Linger"
- Savage Garden "Truly Madly Deeply"
- Brandy & Monica "The Boy is Mine"
or anything from this list: http://www.cylist.com/List/400300060/

2. Paint every other nail a different color! I did it and sported if for two days- pink, yellow, pink, yellow, pink bonus: paint your toes polka dotted!

3. Enjoy a Popsicle or anything on a cone outside on a bench don't worry if it melts

4. Sidewalk chalk- go decorate your driveway!

5. Swim, come home and stay in your bathing suit all day- what you do that still? Me too!

6. Go see Toy Story 3 or anything else rated G or PG- Twilight doesn't count

7. Braid your hair, put a cute headband on or wear a side pony! No need to go as far as an 80's party get up

8. Play a board game!

9. If you live near your mom, dad or anyone else that'll wait on you have them make your favorite meal and serve it to you. Pancakes or chocolate milk anyone?

10. Go outside and kick a ball around, swing, or teeter totter!

Can you think of anything else that you do to feel "young" again?

I mean I could post old Leonardo Dicaprio pictures back on my wall and give him kisses- 1999 sleepovers who remembers!! But I think these ten things are better. There's something so sweet reliving a childhood memory. The most special things in life are the simple ones even though I love spending money all my favorite things are priceless. It really reminds me of the song by Miranda Lambert "The House that Built Me" All these priceless memories happened in the only house I remember when I was young- the ranch with green shutters. Thinking of the 18 years I spent there I can't help but think of all those special memories. A piece of my heart will always be in that house. I miss so many things now that I am getting older it's really nice to reflect <3 Thanks for reminiscing with me!



Love this

“The things which the child loves remain in the domain of the heart until old age. The most beautiful thing in life is that our souls remaining over the places where we once enjoyed ourselves” - Kahlil Gibran


(picture: getting some youthfulness in my life :) note the nails and the hair- I spent the day in my swimsuit with gross hair!)

No comments:

Post a Comment