Friday, June 25, 2010

What I'm Loving Now...Zumba!


Other than blogging I have another time filler I have found and it's Zumba! I might have caught on to the trend a little late in the game because I have seen it on television that advertises the dvd sets. Almost a month ago I joined a gym in South Carolina- Ladies Choice Fitness, I have been a member of some great gyms but never a single gender gym and I love it. There are only four in the state of SC and that's as far as this "chain" goes but if you are near one and your female- join this gym!

My cousin got me a free pass and we went to Zumba. I joined and I have been every week twice a week or more since. It is so much fun and even if you can't dance or don't like the gym I can assure you that you'll love this class. It's literally dancing your @$$ off! I knew I needed to hit the gym hard for my sisters wedding and it really takes the "ugh" out of going to the gym. However, I should also mention that the gym is literally a mile away so I don't mind going.

The music is great. I have never seen Slumdog Millionaire so I never have heard the song "Jai Ho" by the Pussycat Dolls but that song is amazing. Some other favorites Shakira's "Waka Waka" World Cup song woooo! Lou Bega's "Mambo #5", Sean Paul, Blacked Eyed Peas and then we cool down to Sade's "Pearl". I come half for the work out and half for the awesome music. It really made we want to reevaluate the regular hip hop tracks to work out to on my ipod- these songs are inspiring and make me want to work! I think that's a misconception that it's going to be all Latin music- (my class at least is a real mixture!)

Plus! It's a lot of booty shaking! Oh and I absolutely can't forget the apparel- It's like belly dancing wear without the belly exposure! The fun skirt, wear big hoops if you want, the zumba get up- check the website out http://www.zumba.com/us/shop/ Once I get a job I am going to get the bag, the shirts and obviously the skirt until then I am just going to dance with envy of the fellow classmates!

So..."Ditch the Workout and Join the Party!" - zumba!

Work it out! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment