Sunday, June 27, 2010

Summer Reads


It seems like the only time I really get to leisurely read is during the summertime. Something about a book in one hand and something cold in the other screams summertime! I don't read that much unless it involves a Glamour, People or US Weekly but when I do read I like a book that doesn't involve much comprehension, make sense? Didn't really think so. I guess what I mean is a book that doesn't go too deep that's the time a book I like when laying on the beach or poolside.

Months ago I was suggested to read Nora Robert's "Vision in White" part one of a four set called the Bride Quartet. I don't read during the school year because I try to stick with textbooks. I put it off until last month. My mom had read it before I had and went ahead and bought the second one and the third.

I loved the first book "Vision in White", the second "Bed of Roses", and the third, "Savor the Moment" the fourth is not out until November so if you're impatient you may not want to start the series until late October. I finished all three in about two weeks. The fourth is titled "Happily Ever After".

The books are a little redundant- it's no mystery what happens but they still are great books. I already know what I think is going to happen in the fourth. I won't ruin the books for you because I encourage you to read them. Without spoiling anything the book is about four women who are grown up now and are in the wedding planning business. This could explain why I was interested. However, the books touch on their business a lot it's also about their quest to find romance and love. I don't know which critic said it exactly but I agree you really do genuinely want each character to "live happily ever after." The books have heartbreak, romance, some steamy-ness but nothing x-rated, humor and some drama. It's a feel good book. This isn't Oprah's book club but if I was to suggest some "summer reads" as Oprah's new magazine says these would be on it.


http://www.noraroberts.com/books/trilogies.html

http://us.penguingroup.com/static/pages/features/bride-quartet/index.html


Check them out! Happy Reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment