Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Oh Hey!

I haven't written since my fabulous haircut but I plan to write some more. I don't write unless I feel inspired lately because I don't want to write crap. So the past two days my head has been spinning with ideas that I'd like to blog about. That said, I wanted to share what's been on my mind and what you can expect in the future.

As mentioned, I am wedding obsessed. Wedding obsessed as in the wedding, planning, executing, the final event not the fall in love, marry husband eager beaver type of obsessed- I want to plan brides weddings I'm not overly concerned with being an actual bride anytime soon. I am going to try to blog about my sister's wedding and Courtney's wedding. If you are my facebook friend I have some awesome pictures. Currently, I am planning my future sister-in-laws bridal shower the theme is Peacocks- I'm stoked. I am hand making favors but can't share the details until post party. I can say that Vistaprint has great prices and several selections for invitations! Which is where I got the invitations for the bridal shower. Downside: shipping cost is $$$. So expect some more wedding action. I picked up the OK! Magazine and thanks for stealing my wedding Hilary Duff! Just kidding, but her freakin' cake is auh-mazing! I called it here first.

Secondly, I have been spending too much time on the following websites; Fashism.com (thanks alot, PH!), YouTube, Twitter and Facebook. Okay, Fashism.com is an amazing time filler and actually really fun and helpful. It's about Fashion- you can post, comment and get constructive criticism on what you're wearing. I have found that many fashionista's are trying to salvage old favorites, sentimental pieces or that pricey piece staring at you in the closet that you've worn twice. I feel each and everyone of their pain. Think about it. We have attachments to our clothes and I don't mean in an idolizing possession type of way- I mean in a sentimental memories I don't want to give it away way.

Last year I donated a lot of clothes- MaDee was on my bed and it was kind of a Stacey and Clinton "What Not to Wear" haul. "When are you going to wear that again?"
"That's ugly" "I have to be honest I don't like it" A year later I've managed to fill up those empty hangers and I may be "purging" again. I consider myself reasonably fashionable but not mega stylista status. I love shopping but I have some favorites hanging in my jammed pack closet, folded in totes, stuffed in drawers etc. Being jobless I haven't been on a buying spree- the thing I love about this website is a lot of the members are actually fashionistas, consultants, even a personal shopper etc. So I've been inspired to start a little series if you will from my closet. I'm going to call it "If These Clothes Could Talk- I.T.C.C.T." I have some sentimental items and stories behind them that I would love to write about and share to my readers. You can imagine all the shopping MaDee and I did that these clothes have some good stories! I must say I actually wear these clothes and that if I am contemplating them I will donate, sell, or auction some of these if I don't have a purpose for them because one thing I do know is that THINGS do not bring back PEOPLE-It's not the THINGS that make the MEMORIES it's the PERSON.

So will you be introduced to a heinous pair of Coach shoes that were bought on the last shopping trip with MaDee ever in Charlotte, NC- yes you will, do I really wear them? No I don't. Is it the fact that they were $$ or the fact that MaDee persuaded me to buy them that I don't want to get rid of them? I don't know. I try to wear them with things but I think the best thing to do is take a picture, jot a note on the back and put it in a scrap book. This should be interesting...

Oh and if I decide to give away something feel free to call dibs and we'll negotiate :) And if this ends up being totally lame I'll scratch it and do something else! Also, keep in mind that my parents moved my freshmen year of college and packers moved my crap that I didn't take to college so I have found some old school stuff in boxes- Freakin' DC Shoes from 8th grade anyone? (Julie!) or how about some soccer cleats? What am I talking about this isn't going to be lame...I can't wait. I have to start taking pictures!! :) I might even do "things" this is going to be like ebay narrated I'm pumped. And not all items will be for sale okay- I can't go naked!

Love you readers.

Also, do me a favor. Listen to The Band Perry's "If I Die Young" track- amazingly peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment