Thursday, August 26, 2010

ITCCT: Twin Day P1



Okay so I've been debating on which piece to choose out of the closet first. The first piece I've decided to bring out is about 7 years old now. I have to admit I haven't wore it since Freshmen year of college.

Remember twin day during homecoming week? MaDee and I were already connected at the hip so it made sense to be twins on twin day too. We went to Short Pump one weekend I think we must have been sophomores or juniors in high school? Anyways, we were at J.Crew and both loved these scoop/boat neck pink and white horizontal 3/4 length shirts. Of course I wanted it in pink and so did MaDee so we thought why not we'll wear them on twin day and then make sure we don't wear them on the same day from there on out. I remember we wore these, express jeans and brown clogs for twin day.

That said 7 years later I haven't given this shirt away and for a reason. Months later in the apartment this year MaDee's mom and aunt were coming over to gather some of MaDee's things and like any girl 75% of our belongings are in our closet. I knew what we were working with so before they came I skimmed through her closet for the first time in months. There hung a dozen colored Polo's, turtle necks, dresses, sweaters, a lot of black, clothes with tags on them etc. and in the back was the pink and white J.Crew "twin day" shirt. I haven't seen her wear it in forever but was so surprised when I saw the thin fabric tee draped over an over sized hanger. I pulled it out and tucked it away. I showed Tamara when she got there and she told me to keep it along with a torn shirt and a little miss bossy shirt- I am still waiting to make something great with these. At the time I wanted to make a shadow box but for now these thing stay safely nestled in a tote in my closet.

So I will never wear this tee again but I will not get rid of this. I am thinking of doing a shadow box, a pillow or perhaps reusing the fabric to create an outfit for my little girl or Abby's little girl one day who knows...(not the baby in her belly silly it's a boy!) I think that you keep MaDee's spirit alive by blogs like this, facebook pages, songs, quotes, stories, friendships, etc but I think in the back of my mind I'm always thinking about what I want to show my future spouse, children, etc MaDee will never be an old friend that died in my book she will always be a best friend of 18 years, sister, daughter and hero. I want the important people in my life to know how special she was in mine. I don't want to forget her I want to remember her, celebrate her and use her story to restore hope in others-

Okay, I have to admit this isn't what I expected but I have part 2 and 3 of twins to write about later- the next two are patent leather heels!

Thanks for looking in my closet!

1 comment:

  1. Miss Bossy was actually Little Miss Naughty I just looked at it!!

    ReplyDelete