Thursday, August 26, 2010

Amanda's Closet


One day I am going to have a walk-in closet unfortunately for now I must squish all my clothes in a regular sized closet. However, I must give my home closet credit it manages to be stable enough to do the job. The rest of my clothes and shoes are in bins in the garage, those under bed bins and a closet in the guest room. Eek, my parents probably hate me.

True story my apartment last year in Salem collapsed three times, dad kept saying it was the excessive clothes but I knew not true. Next paycheck I scraped the closet and bought one at Lowe's. I couldn't get it to freaking stay up still. So what did I do? I went to the Hardware store next to my apartment and bought 3 inch nails. Oh wow, that kind of worked. Finally! Nope, two minutes later the damn thing came crashing down again. On the verge of a breakdown, I piled all my clothes in MaDee's room, texted her told her my closet is down- I think she was more worried with the repair fees. Not to worry because that weekend my parents came down- I can't remember why but they were there. Dad was impressed that I had a stud finder but I told him it was freaking cheap and didn't work. Nope not the case either there were no studs in that closet. No wonder my clothes were falling down they were being held up my cheap metal and plaster. Uh, apartment living. Luckily, dad went to the store bought those plaster plastic things that go over screws and fixed the closet.

I've moved out since and I left my new Lowe's closest in the apartment- what was I going to do with it? Fortunately, the apartment must have appreciated it because I never got billed for it or they didn't notice the original behind the washer/dryer.

Well, that's neither here 'nor there is it? Just a true tale. I just wanted to give you a preview of my closet that all my digging in like I do every morning but this time picking and choosing my favorite pieces and the story that they tell. I hope you enjoy yes, most pieces will have some sort of connection to MaDee and some not after all she was my bff 18 of my 23 years. I hope you enjoy!

Finally, I think my closet looks neater in person. haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment