Thursday, July 29, 2010

Wedding: Afterthoughts.

My sister has been married 12 days now. She returned from Jamaica 5 days ago and I've been back home in South Carolina for 4 days. It's been expected that I blog about the big day. I started a blog yesterday but I was in a sourpuss poor poor me mood and decided to delete that blog to save face and that I don't want to sound like a brat. Really I've just been a little "blah" I think that since the weddings over and I still am on the job hunt that I've just been feeling useless. I made the wedding my job for months it's been a great distraction and a pleasure. I love my sister so much and no matter how much I complained about it I was so glad to know that I had a big part of making one of the most important days of her life special. Her day was special indeed and I encourage you to look up her photos on facebook because they're great. Gitchell's photography did an amazing job and no matter how annoying pictures are at the time you have to remember at the end of the day, years from now all you have is memories and those memories are captured in pictures.

I have so much I want to share from the DIY things right down to every little detail. However, today is not that day. But I do encourage you to contact me about anything you need because I have some great ideas and advice and I know how to stretch a dollar. The candy buffet and center pieces are my pride and joy! I am ready to start another wedding which is why I know that I could do this forever. So pass my name around if you please :) I'm looking for other jobs and am going to try to freelance wedding planning on the side, that's the plan. I mean why not right?

So after the wedding I cleaned up at the stable so we wouldn't have to come back in the am. Special Thanks to Courtney & Mark and The Reichs for being so awesome and helping out so much! Hermitage Hill Farm & Stable is amazing too and I highly recommend this place- its holding capacity is one of the largest in Augusta County and Craig (owner) even though I think he should hire me as his sidekick is awesome and insanely hardworking. When getting back to the newlyweds home I knew that a had a couple of duties that I was expected to do and the first being deposit money- wow it made me want to have a wedding! Ashley and Steven had planned on using the money in Jamaica but ended up not because afterall it was all inclusive. Sure enough Sunday morning I had a text from the lovebugs..."Shug, how much money did we get and we're about to board no phones in Jamaica!!" Half a wedding cake later the week of housesitting was over. I spent a lot of it having downtime, being lazy, returning all 8 suits!, visiting my bffl Stacey, having beautiful moments with the Talley's. (six days later the amazing Carl Talley passed away..rest in peace and thoughts and prayers with Nannie, Tamara, Abby, Jeff, Tim, Renee, Jessica, Luke, Becky and the rest of the Talley clan <3)

Now it's four days later from my "vaca" in Waynesboro and it's good to be back? I had an interview on Monday but have not heard back from them yet. I've also been applying to jobs here in SC, Roanoke and Charlottesville. At this point I'll relocate if I must but I think I need to get back to Roanoke-I love it there and it's closer to "home-home." Maybe I'll weigh the pros and cons on these locations in my next blog.
This week I've also slept and went to the pool and I need to go back to the gym, ugh. In another wedding in six months :) My brothers! Oh and I'll be attending a wedding in two weeks. I love weddings. :) I bought some things to wear to this wedding in two weeks but we'll see all I know is that I'm not wearing white. I've seen pictures from wedding season where gals are wearing white to rehearsal dinners and the actual freakin' wedding, umm manners? Oh well you can't steal a bride's thunder no matter what- you can't buy that glow :)
Anyways, that is all I have for now. I'll try to keep up with the blogging as I keep up with my endeavors! :)I have a pool to tend to!

Oh my gosh real quick. Jersey Shore Season 2 tonight! partyyyyyyyyyyy's here! haha. Maybe I'll blog about this Jersey phase American TV is in I know Jersey hates it but thanks for the entertainment! <3


Happy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment