Sunday, July 11, 2010

Eventful Day

So since I've began this blog I haven't written about how my day was specifically on that day so I think today I will. Of course my day involved weddings it always does but this time it wasn't all about the upcoming one. (six days!) A couple of weeks ago my brothers fiance Anna Brooks or as I sometimes refer to her ABC sent all of her local bridesmaids an e-mail about a bridal show. I later found out my brother had sent it to her and said "I think you might be interested in this but I don't want to go with you." Lovely but I was excited about the invite because I am not that familiar with the local vendors in Charleston and if I want to get a job here a bridal show is an opportunity for good networking.

The show was in Charleston the South Carolina wedding mecca pretty much but ABC is getting married in the "upstate" - what she kept referring it to, I just know it's two hours away not even sure the direction to be honest- I mean I know upstate means North but I am confused because it's near Georgia? The other two tag-along bridesmaids and I were contemplating this over a delicious drink concoction.

Any ways, I had a lot of fun. I would encourage you to go to one if there is one offered in your area. My sister went to one and scored a nice ring for her groom! Also, there was a lot of men there being the supportive whipped soon-to-be husbands but for real they looked like they weren't terribly miserable. There was a southern catering buffet-pulled pork, shrimp, crab cakes- no doubt a guy could grab a plate and stand beside their mate and do what they do best smile and nod!

Somethings that really stood out to me besides the delicious catering were some of the vendors. When we arrived we started from the beginning and mostly went in numerical order of the tables. It was $10/per person and the bride got a cute pink tote plastered with sponsors. The entrance had a three piece band playing starting to the left was the bands company, followed by a rental company, a medical person? (skipped that table probably because all of us minus me are all future PhD's!)next a photographer, catering- had delicious wedding cake my personal fav. Belgium Chocolate
they had a real great presentation that vendor, next Menswear House (plug: Really sweet deal for your groom- 5 tux rentals and your groom gets a free rental, tux or suit for keeps), Davids Bridal. We made it around that curve! Next Charleston Events Company they had a cute polka dotted b&w table set-up with a purple as its pop color!After that we skip around ate some seafood and then go to the highlight of our day the Shutter Booth. What fun! A photo booth at a reception I know the idea has been around for awhile but this lady's presentation was incredible. She had props! Boas, Ball Caps bedazzled "Bride" or "Mother of the Bride", Zebra Cowboy hats, fun glasses etc. We had four great posses the bride has the prints but the idea is so cute. The booth prints two- one for keeps and one to add to a scrap book it's a twist to a guest book. She priced it at $900 for four hours- I love the idea! After that we talked to some entertainers more catering and hit up the candy buffet last. Again not such an original idea but a candy buffet is a great idea for favors instead of getting hundreds of dinky things no one wants. It's less expensive and actually going to be enjoyed! However, I don't think that paying someone to do this is worth it unless it's meeeeeeeeeeee. We're having one at my sisters-she doesn't want me to spill but all do a how to blog later on that! We skipped out on the 4pm fashion show because the bride ABC has already gotten our dresses and her dress so who wants to see something they might want more than they already purchased? Not me!

Then we registered to win a honeymoon and left the show. Fun, thanks for taking me ABC! Next we headed to see the hubby-to-be and watch the World Cup. Yay Spain! After that we headed to my house and ate some dinner and tried on bizillions of dresses. So much great things happening-SO happy for my siblings. I can't believe we're going to pack the car tomorrow and head to VA Tuesday for the wedding!! So freakin' excited!

Thanks for reading! :)

1 comment:

  1. Loved the blog, excited and will be so happy to see you and of course the rest of family.

    ReplyDelete