Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fabulous Fourth Indeed!

As promised. My fourth of July wasn't great it was simply fabulous. I spent my fourth of July with some people that I've not seen or even talked to as much as I should. I think I've subconsciously been avoiding some people just to deal. It might not make sense but sometimes the best way to deal with something is not dealing with it all. I don't know I think time heals all and I knew I was ready as soon as I saw the invite on events on Facebook. I knew it was time. Fourth of July at Charlie & Sara Boxler's was MaDee's favorite. She loved The Fourth- I had the pleasure of attending a few cookouts and one fourth of July with MaDee at Charlie & Sara's.

So Saturday morning (the third not the fourth!) I went to their annual cookout. I knew MD's dad would be there but had no idea her sister would. It was a great surprise! I loved seeing them both so much. I spent the 2 hour drive giving myself a pep talk about how it would be to see everyone- don't cry and don't be awkward. I think I managed it overall. It was great to see MD's two cousins that are relatively close in age to me. It felt like we were friends and that there was this obvious bond we shared because of our love for MD. I spent a lot of time with BBox C&S's daughter. I loved her from the day I met her. She is so likeable and fun! After the cookout I spent the day doing regular things as if MD was there. I thought of her all day and C&S made it like nothing has changed. They had a fridge full of everything and turned on the Showtime OnDemand and wanted to know Nurse Jackie or United States of Tara? Tough choice. I went with US of Tara first and finished it by the end of the night. When MD was living at C&S's I went over there a lot and we'd eat and watch all of the great tv- we were obsessed with US of Tara and Jackie! I would spend the night in her "room" they designated for her. It's now Brittany's room but she still has the Chris Brown poster and MaDee's Room sign hanging up. Sweet memories. It didn't feel sad it felt good- I had this warm feeling surrounding me all weekend that just felt like a giant hug.

I should also mention that MD's cousins came later that day and they had a 4 year old girl that was adorable and like every kid and big kid obsessed with sillybandz! This little one was precious! Later that night we played some "games" and went to sleep. The little one handed out sillybandz that night and in the morning saw mine on my wrist and she wanted it back <3 I love children!

Sunday, the real Fourth of July we said goodbye that morning to some family members heading back home. Later that night after naps and Nurse Jackie we went to see fireworks and came home and got in the pool BBox and I talked for hours. These are the things I love. Simple plans, nothing fancy and a lot of good conversation.

The next day I said goodbye and headed down the interstate for another six hour drive. Thank you Boxler Fam for always making me feel welcomed and continuing to let me be part of the family!

...
This week is crunch time-10 days until the wedding! I don't know what to blog about next! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed the blog as usual, boy will you have a
    great blog about the wedding,

    ReplyDelete