Saturday, July 10, 2010

Avoiding the Avoidable- Wedding Kit!


As mentioned I am obsessive and it comes in handy to worry for everyone else sometimes. I am all about hoping for the best but expecting the worst when it comes to planning anything. Some things happen and there really isn't anything you can do about it but what about avoiding the avoidable? Lost? Of course you are I am talking weddings. This time next week we'll be dancing and my sister will be a Short and no longer a shorty. So wedding is on the brain, as always.

It may be the crisis management courses and pr training that has made me this way but I'd like to say it's really just being savvy and one step ahead. As an old soccer tee I own says "expect the unexpected" or in this case the rather expected. I am working on putting together an emergency kit for the wedding mainly for the bridal party- I am going to brainstorm some must haves in this kit.

When planning for a emergency kit you'll first need a carry all. This could be anything a bag, tool box, caboodle (yeah I said that), fishing box, sewing box anything. I think that getting a trendy plastic bag monogrammed with the brides new initial would be a nice touch bonus it's now a gift! Amazing.

Then you must fill this carry all. Think about things that happen...clasps break, bustles snap, buttons pop, shoes scuff, fabric rips! The horror. Here's how to make sure that these things don't rain on your parade!

The Kit:

Medical:
-Pepto/Imodium: let's be real, stomach nerves anyone?
-Tylenol/Excedrin/Pain Relief: Pain, headaches, hungoverness
-Allergy Relief: especially outdoors
-Benedryl
-Band aids/Triple Antibiotic Ointment

Clothing Repair:
- Needle and colored thread- have you seen the little wimpy loop for a clasp?
- Colored thread!!- can't say it enough- get it in all colors especially groomsmen attire color and bridesmaids and of course white!
- Buttons- bridal buttons, tux buttons etc. Ask for replacement buttons at the rental place just in case
- Always bring the repair kit that some dresses come with girls- the little bag that has a button and some thread.
- Hem Tape/Fabric Tape
- Safety Pins/Straight Pins
- Clear Nair polish for runs
- Spot remover
- Scissors
Honestly it's not a bad idea to bring a sewing box in addition!

Beauty:
- Make up for touch ups even if you're getting your make up done professionally!
- Lip gloss and mascara a girls best friend.
- Bobby Pins/Hair ties
- Tissues- pass those things around- bridesmaids you can tuck one in your bouquet it'll look less trashy than pulling it out of your boobs during ceremony
- Nail polish in the shade you're wearing and some french manicure touch up
- Deodorant
- Lotion
- Tampons

Etc:
- Food: candy bars, fruit, maybe a Pb and j- Eat meals regularly the day of but keep some on stash in case the bride or anyone else "forgot to eat" Keep fruit and juice handy especially if any one's diabetic.
- Water- keep hydrated! maybe bring some Gatorade for those who got to crazy at the rehearsal dinner.
- Super glue/glue gun/duct tape...you really never know.
- Brand new nude colored thong size med.- vpl? I don't think so.

2 shame less plugs: I have tried the baby gel for skin instead of oil it makes legs look nice without looking too slick. I would suggest it! Second, ABC- my brothers fiance introduced me to eyelid primer- it really does work. I have Physicians Formula "prime time" $16. Not too shabby and it'll lasts forever- wear and use!

So when it's your big day or a loved one's big day be the super hero. Everyone will give you kudos for being so on tops of things! I'll probably add more if I think of great things or if you have any suggestions let me know! I want to perfect this lists and maybe give it as gifts for future clients- an actual kit not the list! :)

Thanks for reading. I hope your day is flawless :)


picture: Bag Idea. This bag is plastic and would be perfect for a carry all kit. Also, those initial decals things you see on cars- yep, they rub on to these too! Awesome right?
Bag credit:http://www.ivywreathgifts.com/store/recycledplasticshoppingbags.jpg

1 comment:

  1. I post these on facebook so other loyal readers can follow-not just my four faithful fans <3

    That said my friend CM said the following:
    "i have something better than the baby oil gel for your legs that is less oily then that but will most defintely gived you the shine! it's from a line called pure romance and its called body dew. i ordered it in green tea and it smells amazing and gives you awesome glistening legs! hope this helps! good luck with the wedding!"

    I found this when I goggled it
    http://ww2.pureromance.com/PUBLICSTORE/(S(b1veanncxylyaq450csbh045))/catalog/productinfo.aspx?id=229&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

    It has three scents and comes in a mist bottle $13.50- the site looks cool- check it out! Thanks for the suggestion Chrisi!

    ReplyDelete