Sunday, November 28, 2010

B.I.O: Another Terrible Mishap!

I took a little break from blogging to enjoy my time in Virginia. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! I have lots to blog about but I'm going to try to blog in order of occurrence. I was in Virginia for a while and I'm finally back home in South Carolina. The busiest day to travel...no doubt. It took me 9.5 hours instead of the usual 6.5 hours. Bummer but all that matters is I got here safe. I'll have a Thanksgiving blog next but this blog is reserved for another customer service blunder. 

B.I.O- Bitch It Out! I think it's going to be a new hit since I never followed through on I.T.C.C.T (If these clothes could talk) but I think these will be more entertaining and even informative. Like my last blog I have a customer service issue but this one was handled so-so but I can't believe it happened. Maybe I'm critical because I'm a Public Relations major but I think everyone likes to get there way-you know bang for your buck. So here's the deal. I went to dinner with my sister and brother-in-law after his flag football game. 

The Place: El Puerto- Staunton, Virginia (mall road)

The Situation: Dinner for three. Ordered three completely different meals. Arrived around 9:00 p.m. store hours were until 10:00 p.m. I imagined that they were cleaning up and calling it a day because only a few late dinner goers were there. 

We were eating and talking. Then half way through the meal. Steven (brother-in-law) gets an awful looks on his face and gets a napkin starts coughing and we shield our eyes. He had spit out some bites of his enchilada. Picking out two pieces of metal. Two pieces that I assume were from steel wool brushes for cleaning. I understand how it happened; cleaning the pots, then having to cook for us, putting the meat in the pan and two shards of steel mixed into the enchilada. It was an honest mistake but that doesn't make it okay, right? 

Of course not! It was a total buzz kill to the night and we were turned off by the remaining food on our plates. The waiter wasn't around and Steven was debating on telling him or not. He of course did after my sister and I encouraged him. The waiters response was "Oh my gosh" and walked a way. It didn't seem like a big deal to him and it didn't help that in an awkward situation Steven casually responded "it's okay". Steel wool in your food? It's okay?! He didn't believe us that he said that. 

On the bright side Steven rightfully had his meal comped but I think that if they were concerned about having all three of us a customers it would have been better to comp the entire meal. I think they can afford to lose $26.00 especially for steel wool and the fact we didn't finish our meals because we weren't willing to take a chance. I think I had a cut in my cheek but it might have been me over reacting because of the situation plus I had chicken. Beside the point... plus one for El Puerto comping the meal and taking blame- good PR! Too bad when we went to pay the cashier said...

"Sorry man, that's the first in a long time" 

That's encouraging. We walked out the door stunned. "First time in a long time" said Steven, "Well, that's the last time we'll ever eat here." True for them. Maybe true for me. Sure i'll chew my food cautiously maybe give it a full scan. This could happen anywhere but the fact that they obviously don't check their pots well or flip them upside down before cooking scares me. And that it happens a lot...I mean what's a long time? Weeks, months, years? I'll never know...

So I blogged about it. Bitched it out. I did it for Steven and for the people! I don't want to be known as the customer service complainer because 9/10 times I receive great/good/okay service but this might have beat out Dillard's. Grant it we were in and out of El Puerto before Dillard's wrapped a gift. I love shopping and going out to eat! I don't think it's possible for every store to suck but I get over things like this pretty easy. Over it! 

Just a heads up! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment