Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Weekend

I had a 'blog-worthy' weekend. Nothing spectacular just a great time with the family!

Friday afternoon those with jobs arrive home the last one filing in around 5pm. Mom, Dad and Scott. Scott came in for the weekend! He lives less than an hour away but is so busy with work I don't see him as much as I'd like to! I love my brother. And I'm learning to love South Carolina more and more. A job would really be the icing on the cake. One thing South Carolina does have is some incredibly talented football players which is why Friday I went to my THIRD High School football game.

Friday

High School Football?! That's right. It's crazy because I found myself being the exact way I was in high school about getting dressed for Friday night. It's about comfort, the weather and fashion. I know some people detest Uggs but I'm not one of them! It was actually chilly at night and I was thinking while getting dressed how do SC high schoolers dress? Am I in style here? What if I wear Uggs and everyone makes fun of me? Okay, so it wasn't that serious but I laughed at myself. I opted for a purple long sleeve tee, moccasins and a scarf and guess what? Froze my butt off! Thank goodness for the blanket and sitting strategically in between Scott and dad. My brother on the otherhand wasn't as fashionable. He packed for the weekend and either forgot jeans or only brought shorts because he wore his khakis and tennis shoes! I joked on him all night about not knowing if he was my dad or my brother. A hot chocolate and a popcorn later the game was a blow out and we left at the beginning of the fourth. Summerville High School killed the other team and we saw their all-star get his 2,000th rushing yard and we were out.

At home the lame fam went to bed at 10:30 p.m. and left me downstairs to watch television, facebook stalk and rate clothing on fashism. I went to bed fairly earlier to read my new book and get some rest! My new book? You may refer to an older blog about Nora Roberts Bridal Quartet- the fourth one is out now. Love! Anyways it was lights out because in the morning it was YARD SALE day.

Saturday

7:00 a.m. my alarm clock goes off. So early especially on a Saturday. It was Yard Sale day. Our neighborhood has an annual yard sale it's actually pretty cool because a lot of houses participate so all you have to do is park and walk. We had a few items to sell but not a lot. We weren't the hottest sale on the block but we got rid of some bulk. Dad got out the power saw early to cut pieces of plywood to make tables, he didn't have as much as expected so we had to bring out our kitchen table. Ghetto. I wasn't embarassed we had stuff to display and sell! I think there's this misperception that only poor people yard sale but it's actually no different than going to thrift stores or antique stores. You'd be surprised what people sell in yard sales. Unfortunately we didn't have any hot ticket items like furtniture and electronics but it was a neat experience. I displayed like items together and sat. Dad has an overstock of those strap tightener things and for fun started making 10-packs of them. He made $6 off the bat while mom and my stuff stayed put. Really?! Three hours later the sale was over. We sold some glasses, jewelry, shoes, stuffed animals, 1 shirt and a bunch of those tie things. We made.....$20! On the plus side dad got his broken, in need of repair push and riding lawn mowers towed a way for free. The other stuff we either had second thoughts on like my bowling ball, two picture frames and some clothes worth consigning but the majority went to Goodwill. During the sale we took turns working our sale so we could go to others. I bought one item- a floppy picture tree that I plan on spray painting and using for one of the themed tables at the rehearsal dinner that you can't know about yet! Mom scored Yahtzee and a princess puzzle mat for one of her friends daughter. Total spent $2 - what's not to love about a yard sale?!

After the sale we relaxed all day and went to dinner. To dinner Scott had on some real comfortable jeans. Wranglers- Brett Farve! Must have picked up some jeans on his errand run, haha. We ate at delicious Logan's Steakhouse and got ice cream at Ye Ole Fashion. Arrived home and relaxed. Watched the rerun of SNL and went to bed.

Sunday

Sunday fun day. Sunday we went to Taste of the Town. It was so much fun. Summerville has two big events every year this and Flowertown Festival. Taste of the Town is a fabulous idea that I think many towns could do. It's a bunch of booths spread out all over the park. The booths are local restaurants. What you do is buy tickets $1 per ticket and go around to different stations and purchase food. There were a variety of restaurants from locally owned and some chain. We had 10 tickets each- Scott and I ended up splitting another ten later. With my tickets I got so much food but fortunately for the big purse I was able to keep some for later like the baked goods and kettle corn. It was a lot of fun. I love festivals and I'm glad that we went. I really want to go to this golf course for dinner now they had a delicious flatbread steak chiptole sandwich.

After an hour we left the event - full! Shortly after Scott left. :( Mom, dad and I hung out some more and later we played Yahtzee and watched IRT Deadliest Road Edition! That concluded the weekend. It was a great weekend!

I love my family! So blessed to have them all- we missed you Ashley, Steven and Anna Brooks! Next weekends plans consist of a shower I will be attending not hosting in North Augusta for Anna Brooks and Scott will be attending his Bachelor Party- pray for him.

Speaking of praying I have a couple of people that I would like to specifically mention and hope to have more people to continue to pray for their health and think of these families...

Tina Hunt and Family
Mark Tinsley and Family
Baby Cy Arey and Family

And whoever else is in need of prayers for strength and healing! The power of prayer is quite real- we've all witnessed miracles and know that anything is possible through God.

Thanks for reading!

Love,
Amanda

1 comment:

  1. YAY for Baby Cy doing great as of today - keep the prayers coming! Hopefully he will be home in the next day or 2! :)

    ReplyDelete