Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Bitch It Out!

We've all had those moments where you want to be pinched because it can't be real. I'm not talking about the really magical moments or really tragic moments, I'm talking about the moments that are so stupid that you can't believe it's happening. I call them 'wtf' moments. I rarely have a potty mouth on my blog but the title says it all: it's about bitching it out. I'm a day shy of a week late of bitching this one out but I really feel it's entertaining, ridiculous and yes 'blog-worthy'!

I'm not sure if it's Glamour or Cosmo that does the 'Bitch it Out' page but I adore it. It's a way of venting out and having people agree with you on those 'wtf' moments. I am not sure which magazine it's from...I went upstairs to check but like I have said before I'm a tabloid/mom magazine girl so I only could find my People and Red book magazines.I might submit this one to Cosmo. (I'm 80% positive that's the correct one!)


The Scenario:

Last Thursday mom had work off because of Veterans Day and we had planned a girls day to go shopping for my future sister-in-laws bridal shower on Saturday. We went to Dillard's around 11:30 a.m. to purchase somethings off her registry. We had an idea of what we wanted to buy and I had memorized the registry so well we didn't even have to hassle anyone for a 12 page print out of the registry. We looked around a bit and I spotted the Le Creseut crock that mom said they didn't have and it was in her color! It looked like a display so we took the twenty some utensils out of the crock and scooped it up. Next we found two other requested items and went to the check out to pay. It was probably close to noon at this point.

We found two check outs and only one cashier and maybe 5 old ladies going back and forth to the checkout and in the mean time checking out the 99 cent table in between. It was bad enough the cashier had zero help in her department but the 99 cent table hadn't even been marked down from their old sale prices. That meant the cashier had to input each tiny bar code number into the register manually no scanning. I had found 3 mismatched place mats that I wanted from the table but the lady in front of us had 20 items from the table. You could imagine this took a while but our patience levels were still high. No big deal not the cashiers fault she doesn't have any help. It wasn't bad enough to pass up on the free gift wrapping. Apparently (maybe) Dillard's offers free bridal registry gift wrap. Mom and I thought 'sure why not?' We had three fairly large ceramic pieces that would be awkward to wrap, we didn't have boxes and we'd have to buy at least two rolls of wrapping paper...so it's seemed like a great idea. Free gift wrapping.

We carried our three pieces over to the customer service/gift wrap section of Dillard's where we were less than enthusiastically greeted by two ladies working. We sat our three items on the counter and explained how the cashier said we could get free gift wrapping since it's was on the registry. We thought it would be quick and painless. We thought wrong. The first lady told us to pick out wrapping paper. We chose a shiny silver for the two pieces that were alike to be wrapped together and then the second a pretty blossom print. We told her and she said 'Oh no you can only have silver or white' Umm. 'Okay silver.' I said. A few seconds later they're shifting around for boxes and they have one large Dillard's gift box that fits the two alike items together and are making calls to someone to get more boxes because they don't have a tall rectangular one. Then another lady comes in and the lady that was helping us originally left to take her lunch. The lady that steps in doesn't work in gift wrap and the other later that is still there is training and clueless.

Let's take a time out for me to bitch:
Training? I get that she has to be trained on certain stuff at the store but if she was hired shouldn't she know how to gift wrap? I assumed that like the customer service in the middle of the mall these people would be pros too. Pros like the bow makers in Michaels. Michaels wouldn't hire someone to be the bow maker if they didn't know how to make bows already. I was blown away. She looked older than my mom so she should have several years of gift wrapping experience unless she has bagged everything her whole life.

Okay back to the story...
The lady that stepped in was on the phone again to find a gift box. Does Dillard's realize that it's prime time Christmas shopping.? How do you not have gift boxes? I get that ours was complimentary but what about the ones that are planning to pay $3-7 per package?! The lady seemed annoyed that we were standing at the counter and told us we could look around or sit.

We've already made our purchases so why would we want to look around? Before we left we started to peel the price tags off and the lady told us not to worry about it she would get them.We realized it was going to take awhile so we went to the dresses. I tried on a couple and looked around and came back to a half wrapped package and the lady putting the other gift into a UPS brown box. WTF. Still not done. Minutes later the wrapping was almost done and the lady in training was making bows slowly peeling the double stick tape and inching each ribbon. I felt like I was in slow motion not to mention it was ugly. I know it's free but where is the talent? We knew we should have wrapped them on our own but it was too late. We saved our breath to even comment on the brown UPS box and just stood there wide eyed as she made that damn bow. A couple minutes later.. mom told her that was fine and to trim the bow instead of doing that inch worm crap. She didn't say the last part but I wanted to. After they were finished the lady said we didn't have to pay for it. We looked at her like she was insane. "The cashier said it was free anyway" "Well thank you for your patience" WTF. It was 1:35 p.m. It took over an hour to wrap two packages! Are you kidding me? As we were picking up our packages another couple came up with two sizable pocketbooks to get gift wrapped and they tried to put them in brown UPS boxes too and the couple said no thanks.

We passed that couple out the door and told them they made the right choice because it took over an hour. Afterwards mom and I were in a state of WTF shock. I couldn't believe that happened. Seriously, we had other things to do but didn't know if we could take anymore shopping. We took a break for lunch and finished out the day.

We told our story to dad and I was still in shock about how stupid it was. I like Dillard's it's a great store with a lot of nice things. I was disappointed in their customer service. I mean they're competition is Nordstrom, Macy's, Belk, Bloomingdales and here JC Penny's. (Did you know that the JC Penny's here has a Sephora in it?!) I wonder if the Northwoods Mall Dillard's is aware of that? I probably should have said something but I'm not that confrontational of a person so instead I blog a 'Bitch it Out!' It was an hour and half wasted but makes a great story.

Of course you want to see pictures right?






Some of you might not think it's that bad but I think we can all agree that it shouldn't have taken over an hour to freaking wrap. If you know me you know that I wanted to unwrap them as soon as I inspected them. I took pictures so I could blog about it! It's funny having a blog you always have moments and when they happen you think this could make a great blog. Too bad I don't get paid but I like to write so at least it's entertaining.

So I managed to control myself and didn't unwrap them but I didn make some adjustments...
Hey when life gives you lemons make lemonade right, haha.





I carefully unpeeled the tape and made a new ribbon combining the packages! I'm a bit crazy it's true.

It gets better or should I say worse...

Saturday morning we're at the bridal brunch for Anna Brooks and she's opening presents and she unwraps her first present from us that was an adorable dog ring holder at BB&B and then her Dillard's gifts that I wrote an apology for the gift wrapping in the card and then she holds up the pieces for all to see and there is the freaking price tags beaming off them. Oh what the hell! Mom runs over to her and we briefly explain the disaster in much less words than above. Mom peels the stickers off. So tacky Dillard's! I mean it's not a big deal on a gift registry because she knows how much everything cost she registered for it. But still  :( Dillard's gift wrapping!!!!!!!!

Okay that chapter is over. I will shop there again but will never get anything gift wrapped there again besides I'm clearly capable myself. I'd rather pay for a box and $3.98 for gift wrapping then go through that again even if it's free.

Thanks for reading and allowing me to bitch it out! I'm so over it. :)

Love!


1 comment:

  1. Wizgifter is not just a gift registry , it’s an ultimate online gift registry. It bonds with its members through strong social media involvement. Wizgifter posts the great deals, offers, services to its Facebook , Twitter online gift registry page. While at Wizgifter, you can manage same account for different online gift registry for Wedding gift registry , baby gift registry, charity registry etc. To keep our members updated and relaxed , we have our blog to bring you all latest wedding trends, baby registry updates , how to's and all. And yes, it is very easy to join Wizgifter.

    ReplyDelete