Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Halloween!

I love Halloween and today it really didn't 'feel' like Halloween but it was still a great day! I have lived in the country most of my life so the only trick or treaters we ever had were the neighbors so I'm very excited for tomorrow night! We actually live in a suburb now and not on a backroad. I think I'm going to dress up tomorrow but we'll see as for today I left the costume at home and hung out with one of my favorite people, my mom. I would say mum because it sounds so cool but she's my mom.

Today was great. Mom and I went to The Scratch Pad a fabulous stationary store in Mount Pleasant. We ordered the Rehearsal Dinner invites for my brother's wedding. The months are flying by! They're really pretty and I'm excited about all the ideas that are being tossed around for the rehearsal dinner which of course I will go into great detail about post wedding in a blog.

After we headed to Stein Mart, it's not an 'old lady' store like I once thought. I discovered my love for Stein Mart when living in Roanoke but I still prefer TJ Maxx. Then Ross Dress for Less, the mall and home. I ended up with three tops and an awesome pair of boots from Rack Room. I am loving the light reddish tan boot with black leggings. You may disagree but I love black and brown together!

We arrived back at home just in time for dinner. After much debate we were headed to Cracker Barrel but mom threw a wrench two turns in time and said "How about The Mustard Seed?" The Mustard Seed is a delicious restaurant in downtown Summerville. The presentation of the food is awesome and the prices are reasonable considering. It's a gem despite it's lack of decor- worth going to if you're in the area! I don't think I have a broad enough palate but I'm a food critic today...I had the pork tenderloin with creamy sauce, potatoes and asparagas. We ordered one slice of coconut cake to go since we were so full but their desserts are banging so it was a must.

Back at home I decide it's time to carve my pumpkin that I requested dad purchase on his way home from work Thursday because of all the post on facebook I was feeling deprived. Tonight was the night! Mom has this ceramic pumpkin in the bathroom at Halloween so I decided to copy it. How did I do? I'll let you be the judge...

The inspiration: this ceramic pumpkin



The Result:


Keeping in mind that it was all freehanded....


I love the bat cut outs!

I'm proud. I love arts and crafts because I'm a creative cat!

Some of my fondest Halloween moments were dressing up and getting crazy in college- it was a holiday that MaDee adored and we were always together for. In honor of her and this fun holiday I leave you with these...
buying our gear! 2006
Me, MaDee, Chrisi


MaDee, Me, Megan, Chrisi 2006
Make shift Village People: Cop, Construction Worker, Cowgirl, Biker

Me, MaDee
Kitty Cat and French Maid
2006 Pt 2 Roanoke

MaDee

Me, MaDee, Mary, Roanoke Friend
Witch, Wilma, Betty, Camo Girl
2007-Roanoke
MaDee's Halloween Birthday Bash

Great times! That I'll cherish forever ...

Happy Halloween!


1 comment:

  1. I love this! I remember that party where you girls were all dressed up. I remember Whit and I were there with you girls and MaDee was being MaDee :) I'm pretty sure I was giving guy advice that whole night. haha. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete