Thursday, September 30, 2010

 This week I have been reminded of some incredible blessings, that my trials and tribulations don't hold a candle to. I sometimes have to be reminded of what I have to be thankful for and this week I had many eye openers that made me thankful for my life and the 18 years I had with MaDee Boxler.

This morning I received a Facebook message that made my day. MaDee's birthday is approaching and she has a way of sending her strength down on us and spreading hope and even joy. I'm not going to go in much detail about all of it. But I have met some incredible incredible people through MaDee and it's just great to continue to keep in touch.

The next was a Facebook post on MaDee's cousin Brittany's wall. It was from CBS Evening News and it was of an interview with a little girl named Hayley. I met Hayley twice through MaDee's treatments and another at MaDee's funeral. Hayley is a brave girl with a spunky personality. Her drive, charisma and positive attitude reminds me of MaDee's. This little girl is a blessing- a light of hope.

http://www.cbs.com/cbs_evening_news/video/?pid=IvSUXi1kdakQLSz3RFQHu2dHkQbJ26FW&vs=homepage&play=true

Yesterday I also went shopping for MaDee's sister. MaDee's sister is pregnant if you did not know. That is a true blessing and a gift from God. We all think MaDee nudged God when she got to heaven about Abby being pregnant with a boy! It's just amazing how God works. Shopping for a baby shower gift for Abby wasn't easy for two reasons: I was out of my element and I was missing MaDee. MaDee and I had the pleasure of doing a shower for our friend Chalee. When I was getting ready for my sisters bridal shower in May I went to our "event" box and found food lists and a copy of the check for Chalee's baby shower. MaDee has a way of being at everything! It brought me back to shopping for the shower and buying things for her baby. MaDee should be here. Why is she not here?! I paced around the aisles and navigated the registry. I came to the bib aisle and there was a "MY AUNT IS HOT AND SINGLE" bib. I smiled and laughed and moved on. I came out with two things and a Babies 'R Us bonus card. Why did I get a bonus card? I don't know. I couldn't say no to this sweet old lady at the registry. I cried a little on the way home as I admired the bag next to me but what am I so sad about? This is a happy time! I am happy! I imagine being a crazy "aunt" that comes in for his birthdays and overnights Christmas gifts. I can only hope. A couple hours later I wrapped the gift and felt satisfied.

The last big thankful notice came early this week from a text from Brittany. I am currently making two frames for an auction and golf tourney October 14th for a senior in high school who lost her parents this year to suicide and murder. I was shocked and my heart dropped. I couldn't even begin to imagine life without my parents not now not ever and especially not my senior year of high school. I would add a link but I don't know much information. The only way I thought I could help was making two frames for the silent auction and forwarding a list of auctions ideas from Music for MaDee. So I did both. If I get more information I'll be sure to add links.

All of these are a constant reminder of life's blessings. Sometimes it's good to just jot down some thoughts of gratitude. I have so many things to be thankful for and even though it's been a rough year a lot of good still came out of 2010. Through everything that happens in life there will always be moments that make it seem alright. This week I felt that. This week I needed that. So thank you God for all my blessings and for surrounding me with people and strength for the moments that aren't so great.

Thanks for reading!

I can't wait to start my http://www.readwriteheal.com/2010/09/am-i-ill-with-want.html blog! If you're into writing or journaling you should check this link out! You can go public with your writing or just do it on leisure time alone.

1 comment:

  1. hey its chalee....There are days when I miss MaDee so much I cannot stand it...and she sends me strength daily...I know it because I can feel it. She was an amazing friend and so are you. You both will never know how blessed I have been to have you both in my life, especially MaDee. She was there for me 24/7. I love and miss her more than a lot of things. We need to get together more. Love you!

    ReplyDelete