Sunday, September 26, 2010

Lady Gaga

I've been to a few concerts but none like Lady Gaga's. It was a last minute decision but my sister and I had purchased Gaga tickets and were set to go to the concert. I wasn't sure what one wears to a Gaga concert so I went with a dressy safe outfit with a bold earring. Or what I thought was bold. I picked a new silk black and white shirt with pearl graphics all over and a pair of chandlier earrings dangled with pearls, bows and lucite hearts. I thought I would look Gaga worthy. I was wrong. The most memorable thing about the concert was of course Gaga and her outrageous opening act but a close third the outfits that her fans were wearing. I'm talking diet coke cans in the hair, no pants, glitter, painted face, big sunglasses, bra tops, men dressed as her, caution tape, tea pot and kettle etc. It was fantastic. I loved watching normal UVA students stare as the Gaga goers lined up. By now I'm sure UVA students are use to concert goers at their arena but none like this. You stood out more if you didn't dress up.


http://afterbirthcasserole.com/milestone/site/index.php?viewband=225

The opening act was vulgar and I can understand where parents would be offended but I was with my sister and no children. I actually hated Semi Precious Weapons at first but loved them after the first song. They are fantastic! I downloaded a few songs off of Itunes! My favorites:
- Semi Precious Weapons
- Statues of Ourselves
- Magnetic Baby
- Sticky with Champagne

After this hot mess was of course LADY GAGA!! Her show was amazing. If you love Gaga you should go to one of her shows and dress up like it's Halloween. In fact Halloween stores are actually selling Gaga outfits! (see below)



What I loved most about her concert was that she sang, she danced, she talked, she played instruments. Love her or hate her she is talented. At one point she rolled on the floor and said, "what did you expect me to do come here and f***** lip sync for two hours?!" She was outrageous but didn't disappoint, she's actually just how you would imagine her to be in concert. Awesome. Another part I loved was where she accepted gifts from the audience one was a cut off UVA shirt that was bedazzled and the back said "Mother Monster Loves the Wahoos" she wore it for two entire songs before another outfit change. I love Lady Gaga and I would see her again in a heartbeat. Maybe not on her Monster Ball Tour because it would be the same but her next tour for sure. Check out my facebook page I downloaded a few pictures that turned out okay considering our nose bleed seats.

To end this blog I am going to share my favorite Lady Gaga songs thus far!

Amanda's Top Lady Gaga Songs:

1. Just Dance
2. You and I (new song)
3. Speechless
4. So Happy I Could Die
5. The Fame
6. Paper Gangsta
7. Telephone
8. Dance in the Dark


Goo Goo for Gaga!

1 comment: