Thursday, December 16, 2010

Shopping for the Near Impossible- $25 Gift Guide

Christmas is right around the corner and if you’re like me you haven’t started shopping and/or are broke. I’m both! Although I think it’s time to share with my ‘social networking family’ that I am a working girl now. Today would have been my 5th day of work if it weren't for the snow! Tomorrow (weather permitting) is our work holiday party and there is of course a gift exchange- white elephant or whatever you might call it.


Shopping for any office gift exchange can be challenging. Budget following, gender neutral, office appropriate etc. I think my gift is all of the above! I’ll let you know how it goes tomorrow and what I purchased!

Today I wanted to share some tips/ideas for shopping for an office gift or maybe that certain person that is hard to shop for…maybe it’s your cousin that’s approaching adulthood or in their teens, a friend that you haven’t been keeping up with as well as you should, an in-law of any sorts, etc. Really just anyone that is hard to shop for or you really don’t know what to get them. When in doubt go for something a little impersonal with a hint of personal. Here are a few budget friendly ideas (under $25)

1.Travel mug with a Starbucks (or any coffee place) gift card inside. Practical and delicious!
Takeaway Porcelain Mug
$13.99
Target
Got a coffee loving sports buff? Check out the travel mugs at Walmart and Target - college and professional league logo cups!

2. Board Games
When in doubt a board game is sure to be a hit. Did you know Yahtzee is only $5? Most board games are less than $30 which I know isn't under $25 but pretty close! Plus with all the recreated versions of the throw backs you can't go wrong. Happy playing!

Scott and his fiancée came for Thanksgiving and wanted to contribute but being 5 hours away it's seemed impossible she brought Mad Gab instead = success
!
Mad Gab
$25.24
Walmart

3. Head phones/ear buds and an I tunes Gift card

Skull Candy Ear buds
$9.99
Target 
 
4. DVD - A new release G, PG, PG-13. I almost bought Toy Story 3 for my party but didn't! I would stay a way from R movies in less you're buying directly for a person.

5. Gift cards- I tend to shy a way from giving a gift card but I must admit I love to receive them! I'm weird about things like that just like I don't like gift bags haha.

Restaurants (maybe a place you see them going to lunch at often) Bookstores, Target, Best Buy

6. Cocktail theme minus the alcohol! 
Wine glasses, coasters, napkins

Stemless wine glasses
$2 each
Pier 1 Imports

Napkins and Coasters
$4.95/each
Pier 1 Imports


7. Fun Kitchen Utensils 
Pastasaurus
Pastasaurus 
$8.99
Chocolate Paper (an amazing store in Roanoke also online)


Hot Head: Pac-Man
Pac-Man Hot Mitt
$16.99
Chocolate Paper


Chocolate Paper is another favorite store in Roanoke (besides Buy The Season) I'm so happy to be back! I purchased an amazing gift for my sister-in-law (soon-to-be) there yesterday! I'll tell post Christmas!

8. Specialty Food/Chocolate 

9. Anything As Seen On TV- you know you've always wanted to see what it's about you've just been to practical to purchase it!
Think beyond the Snuggie and most items sold at Bed Bath and Beyond work! 

I've tried the following As Seen On TV: Sham Wow (boo) Strap Perfect (yay!) Bump It (Eh) Snuggie (Eh) 

For an office gift I'd say the more ridiculous the better!

10. Cozy Day In
Magazine, Coffee cups, hot chocolate 


Hope this helped with the impossible gift match or office exchange! Oh and many make awesome host/hostess gifts. 


 Happy shopping and Merry Christmas!







1 comment:

  1. Love this post!!! And all the ideas. Now - what to buy my husband for under $50 (we bought a new macbook for Christmas, but we're doing a small gift exchange on xmas, hence the $50 budget)...? lol

    Congrats on the job, where are you working/what are you doing?

    ReplyDelete