Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas Crazies!

I’m exhausted and watching SNL…you could’ve guessed! Not only is it 1 a.m. but today I had to Christmas shop. I usually make lists and have Christmas planned out but not this year. With everything moving so fast I really didn’t have time. Did I mention I had a job offer and moved all within four days a week ago?! I’m not complaining! I’m really happy to be in the city I love and working for a non-profit again. Woo! I survived my first week of work and the holiday party Friday. My white elephant gift…a board game of course! Buzzword! It didn’t get passed around but nothing really did so I can’t judge if it was successful or not. Do you want to know what I got? A lamp for my new desk! I was pretty content with it. Want to know what else was there for ideas? Sure…

Let me see if I can remember…

A Spongebob chia pet (did you know there’s salvia in them? Hello, Miley!)
A lamp (I won it!)
A fleece throw (I had it first and it was stolen)
Set of wine glasses
Candles, candles and more candles (hot item!)
Mickey Mouse (hot item!)
Singing “Shout” Dog and Bubblecake (delicious) coupons (hot item!)
Leopard better than a snuggie but similar to one
Christmas blanket
Laptop case (hot item!)  
Decorative tea light Santa’s
Starbucks coffee and thermos (hot item!)
Buzzword (I brought it!)
Photo album


That’s all I can remember…pretty good memory though.

I think I’ve said it before I love gifts no matter if they’re for me or not. That probably explains why I can remember the elephant gifts so well. I usually love shopping for gifts but today it was more of a get in and get out! What was I thinking shopping the weekend before Christmas- the last weekend at that! Crazy-town USA! I tried to map it out this morning I had every family member to complete and wanted to make sure I could avoid the dreaded Valley View Mall unfortunately I needed to go to Macy’s so that was unavoidable.

First I stopped by my favorite store Buy the Season and even it was packed! Not a good sign and the two items I was looking for were gone. Sad story I made one purchase and headed down Electric Road thinking I would stop at Barnes and Noble but realized I was heading to VVM anyways so I kept going. I wasn’t in a hurry but the bumper to bumper traffic had me feeling like I was. I was too impatient to fuel up on Wendy’s due to the 5 cars ahead I skipped it and hurried to 581 instead! I arrived at my destinations VVM. Target, Macy’s, Pet Smart and an undisclosed place that if I named would give away a gift and I was finished.
You know what I hate? How expensive it is to wrap the already pricey gift. Wrapping paper, tape, tissues, boxes, ribbons, tags!

The ‘kids’ in our family were suppose to have a budget but I’ve never been one to follow rules or unfortunately a budget. Budgets are like a turtleneck –practical and constricting – LOL! Was that stupid or clever? I respected the budget by what I like to call the $10 over or $5 under rule- that’s what I like to call fuzzy numbers. I must be tired – LOL!

Okay so seriously shopping was out of control and I was a speed shopper today. Parking far away and walking fast. I mean what is it with people- a little snow and extra traffic and we drive like were in drivers ed! I kept trying to talk to myself, chanting “Christmas season, Christmas cheer!” It worked some until I went out the wrong door at Macy’s and lost my car for a brief panicky moment. Thank goodness for my easily identifiable Jeep! Oh and I only went into Macy’s not the rest of the mall I don’t think I could’ve done it otherwise. I finished my shopping at Target and I must give them credit for always having the lines open- thank you holiday help! My last stop was at Pet Smart.

I don’t think I’m the only one doing a little holiday shopping for their puppy wuppy! It’s my first Christmas with Tex and he’s not here with me yet and I miss him so much. I don’t know what I’m going to do when I have children because just thinking about him my eyes fill up with “I miss you” tears. Anyways this time last year Tex was spending his first couple of weeks at the SPCA and I’m so happy he has a home this Christmas which is why I got him a few treats. I would like to add that Pet Smart is having a 50% off Pet Holiday Toy sale and it’s really good! You know the beloved Loofa/Bobo dogs? The big ones are $3.99 (from $7.99) - the holiday ones are already cheaper but until the 23rd they’re 50% off! Amazing! December 17-23 http://www.petsmart.com/

I got Texi the Santa

I arrived back at the apartment and I was exhausted but at the same time I couldn’t wait to wrap. I really love wrapping presents and obviously refuse to have anyone else do it for me. (See previous blog!) I wrapped all the gifts but I’m not finished completely because I have some gifts lingering in South Carolina but I think I’m finished shopping! Yay! Tomorrow I’m not going out in this mess…I’m going to take the day and relax – I dvr’d Toy Story and Grandma’s Boy today so maybe that’s what I’ll do tomorrow.

To everyone that is still shopping with the other Christmas crazies – good luck!

Thanks for reading about my adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment