Sunday, November 4, 2012

Week 2 - I'm thankful for...


Day 4: 11.4.12

Day 4 I'm thankful for time change and hot chocolate! 

Today is another not so serious 'thankful' post considering I laid on the couch all day and watched my DVR. And I wouldn't dare say I'm thankful for Real Housewives (guilty?!) but I am thankful for entertainment (and that cutie Andy Cohan)! I love 'falling back' it's my favorite of the two! Just going to sleep and knowing that you're granted an additional hour is amazing. So I'm thankful for time change!

I'm also thankful for hot chocolate! I say I'm not a fan of cold but I think it's a lie because I love - scarfs, gloves, boots, hot chocolate and snuggling! I like being cozy and something about hot chocolate surrounds me with warmth. I think it's a little nostalgic. I remember when we were little my brother and sister and I would fight over our hot chocolate mugs - we had the ones that changed into things when they were cold or hot (think mountains on the Coors bottles). For some reason I think they were from Denny's! I love those things and I'm not a coffee drinker so hot chocolate gives me a chance to still collect cute mugs like this one...

"Future Trophy Wife"
hey, big aspirations! I know! 

This is obviously a joke but it's a huge mug and I love it! I'm too much of a feminist to have such goals.But if by trophy you mean pretty then sign me up! I also have an Elf on the Shelf cup because I love him so much but I think it'd be creepy to own the elf without a child, no? Okay, so I'm off topic a bit and rambling about the 4 coffee cups I own. 

Maybe tomorrow I'll get back to serious but it's Monday so who knows... Night y'all. 


Day 5: 11.5.12

Day 5 I'm thankful for phone calls with my sister

When my phone rings and it's my sister it's always a good time! I can't disclose our conversation in fear of looking like complete idiots but I will say that when we're together it's tricky. And by tricky I mean we lack common sense together, though we do dominate together in board games but not in life. Ha!

We have silly conversations and serious conversations and lately are conversations include a noisy babe. Just kidding - my niece is a doll! My niece!! Remember a few blogs back my sister being preggo? Well, that baby is out and beautiful! If I can get permission i'll post a picture of her. Baby Avery will definitely be included in this month's thankfulness blog!

So it's not a long and detailed message but today I'm thankful for phone calls with my sister! I suspected that in the work week these blogs would shorten up a bit! No big deal.

New Real Housewives of BH tonight! Wooooo!



Day 6: 11.6.12

Day 6 I'm thankful for the right to vote! 


Thumbs up to that! 


On an ungrateful note..what the heck is this- I voted sticker from the 90's?! 
Everyone has these spiffy seal looking ones and I get this. Boo. 

Day 6: 11.7.12

Day 4 I'm thankful for great surprises!

I was on the phone with my mom today when I got a text from my brother asking if him and his wife AB could stay at my place for the night next week. Even though it's only for a few hours - I'm excited! I need to think of a solid breakfast place. Yay!

Also, I'm thankful for delicious pizza from Graces Place (and my company!)  And Modern Family. Hilarious. 


Day 7: 11.7.12

Day 8 I'm thankful for my work friends! 

Today I'm thankful for my work friends! I was reminded of that today when we all went out to eat. We don't have the same lunch breaks because we have to stagger them to accommodate our schedules, but sometimes  certain circumstances (birthdays!) allow us to move our schedules around and do lunch. As we piled into the minivan and began the chatter and laughter, I in the back of course, :) just looked ahead and thought how thankful I am to have 4 ladies that I enjoy working with and spending time with! 

I also should mentioned that I had another grilled chicken sandwich favorite that I'm thankful for - The Tarragon Chicken Sandwich at Annie Moore's. Delicious! 




No comments:

Post a Comment